• Learn and understand about domain and web hosting
• Learn and understand about WordPress web development
• Create a 1-page WordPress website in 1-day
• Create a 3-page WordPress website in 2-day
• Learn and apply basic SEO tactics
• How to purchase a domain
• How to purchase a website hosting
• How to install WordPress
• Look for content images/icons and prepare professional content for your website
• Sketch out wireframes for your website content
• Setup business emails with your domain name (If your domain name is xyz.com, you can setup emails like email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Remove all plugins we do not require
• Install plugins we require
• Introduction to drag and drop website builder
• Trainer’s demonstration based on website wireframe sketch
• Building, Creating and Customizing a 1-page website (Typically can be completed in 3 hours)
• YOAST SEO Installation
• SEO Basics
• Homework given for image and icon research for tomorrow's class activity for Page 2, 3 and 4
• Creating Page 2: About Us Webpage (this contents can be on homepage too, and we can focus on Page 3 and 4 development)
• Creating Page 3: Products / Services Page
• Creating Page 4: Contact Us Page with Contact Form
• Plugins to Install for SEO Purposes
• SEO Insights and 10 ways to ensure your website gets ranked
• How to update WordPress Plugins
• How to update WordPress Version
The hosting plan we will be guiding all participants to purchase will approximately cost $6/month, and you can choose to terminate within 30 days for full refund. Domain purchased are non-refundable, .com are $20, if you do not want to purchase any domains or hosting, please indicate it to us in when you register.
If you do not have any domain or web hosting, or do not intend to purchase, do not worry, we will create a demo cPanel account for you.
What you'll need to bring to class:
• Laptop & Charger
• Mouse & Mouse Pad
** Email the following 5 information to us at email@example.com
1. Name as in NRIC:
** Let us know if you will be paying for the course in CASH (aka Bank Transfer) or you will be a company sponsored participant, and your company will be paying us directly (If so, please indicate your company name, address and invoice details), and we will provide you the relevant payment details via email.
1. Owns a laptop to bring for the course
2. Web-savvy, as WordPress is web-based website building software
(a) Laptop and Charger
(b) Chrome or Firefox Browser (IE is not Recommended)
1. Laptop & Charger
2. Mouse & Mouse Pad (Recommended)
1. For corporate trainings that require The Good Designers to provide laptops, do email us about your requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For corporate trainings bigger than 12 pax, we may recommend to have the corporate training conducted in an alternative venue, WIS@Changi Road 116 Changi Road, #05-01/15 Singapore 419718.
3. If you are able to provide training venue and computer labs, do share with us your requirements even if you will need The Good Designers to shortern, customize or tweak the course outcomes to suit your corporate's needs. Please email to us at email@example.com
Charmaine is the Chief Digital Marketing Officer at Sky Digital Agency and Chief Learning Officer The Good Designers
As a web designer by training, she designs, consults and trains individuals in design, seo, digital marketing, digital strategy, and creative topics like Photoshop, PowerPoint and Infographics Design.
She started training and equipping her clients in Facebook Marketing, Email Marketing, Infographics and HTML Coding & Web Design topics since 2015. Till date, she has conducted more than 2,000 hours of training, and she is a WSQ ACTA Certified Trainer.
Charmaine is passionate about training, and helping others through training. She makes learning interactive, practical and fun. She enjoys breaking down complex topics to help participants gain better understanding and find success in the digital marketing campaigns with FREE digital tools available in the market for Entrepreneurs, Trainers, Business Owners, and SMEs to leverage on.
She strongly believes that the training industry needs more courses and training with smaller group of participants that allows them a more conducive environment to learn, ask questions, and have more 1-to-1 consultation, design and strategy feedback time with the trainer.
She has curated more than 15 digital marketing and creative infographics and design course curriculums in the last 5 years, and personally trains and teaches these subjects.
She strongly believes in paying it forward to the community will her knowledge and skill sets. Aside training the public and corporates, she also trains youth-at-risks (in collaboration with MSF) under The Good Designers.
Get connected with Charmaine on LinkedIn
Connect with The Good Designers:
Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Peatix Course Schedules
1. WHO CAN I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
Please fill in our contact / enquiry form at the bottom of the website. This is the best way to reach out to us. For urgent enquiries, you can Call or What'sApp us at +65 9296 3877, if we miss your call, please let us know when is a good time to give you a call back.
2. IS THERE A MINIMUM CLASS SIZE TO PROCEED?
Yes. For all our public run courses, we require a minimum class size of 4 people to proceed with the class.
For corporate runs, the requirements are within each course detail page. Alternatively, you can reach out to us if you're unsure or have questions.
In the event that there is insufficient participants, The Good Designers reserves the right to reschedule the class. Under such circumstances, we will inform you no later than 2 to 3 days before the event.
3. WHERE'S THE VENUE? HOW TO GET THERE?
Venue: 3 Phillip Street, #17-01, Singapore 048693
Raffles Place MRT or Telok Ayer Downtown Line
Our office is just 5 Min Walk from Raffles Place MRT and Telok Ayer Station.
4. HOW TO REGISTER?
Fill in the course enquiry form just below FAQ to submit your course enquiry. Our team will follow up with you on registration. Please ensure your email and mobile contact is correct and have included the course name and course run in your enquiry.
Currenly, only 3 of The Good Designers courses are SkillsFuture Credit Eligible.
If you want to be notified of our new SkillsFuture Credit Eligible courses, indicate so in our contact form, and we will add you into our monthly email newsletter updates.
Course 1: Basics to HTML & CSS - Code a 1-page website (Synchronous e-learning) - Course Code: TGS-2020501163
Course 2: Beautify your PowerPoint with Infographics (Synchronous e-learning) - Course Code: TGS-2020501795
Course 3: Infographics Design for Social Media and Email Marketing (Synchronous e-learning) - Course Code: TGS-2020501247
Note: From Jan 2021, the courses will slowly ease into Face to Face classes for SkillsFuture Credit Eligible courses. For all other courses offered by The Good Designers are offered as Face to Face as of 1 Nov 2020.
No cash required if you have sufficient SkillsFuture Credits.
Login to MySkillsFuture Portal with your SingPass to check on your SkillsFuture Credit balance.
A PDF invoice on the course you would like to register is required from us (the training vendor). While the registration is to be done on your end. Instructions will be provided to you after you enquire through our "Course Enquiry Form" below the page. Typical MySkillsFuture registrations takes 1 to 5 working days to be approved.
Details we will need for SkillsFuture Credit participants:
1. Name as per NRIC:
2. Full NRIC:
5. Home Address:
6. Birthday (new requirement from SSG as of 12 Oct 2020):
For company sponsored individuals, please provide the following details instead:
1. Company Name:
2. Invoice Attention to:
3. Contact Details of Person In-Charge (HR or Finance):
4. Full name of participant as per NRIC:
5. Mobile of participants:
6. Email of participants:
7. Company Address:
8. Birthday only if company sponsored individuals will be claiming $2/hour training grant (new requirement from SSG as of 12 Oct 2020):
* We do accept Vendors@GOV billing for public runs with min. 2 pax, T&Cs will be shared with you via email upon enquiry.
Please provide the following details for Vendors@GOV participants invoicing:
a) Ministry/Statutory Board:
c) Sub-Business Unit:
d) Invoice Attention to (Name / Mobile / Email):
e) Name of Participant:
f) Email of Participant: