• Learn and understand about domain and web hosting
• Learn and understand about WordPress web development
• Create a 1-page WordPress website in 1-day
• Create a 3-page WordPress website in 2-day
• Learn and apply basic SEO tactics
• How to purchase a domain
• How to purchase a website hosting
• How to install WordPress
• Look for content images/icons and prepare professional content for your website
• Sketch out wireframes for your website content
• Setup business emails with your domain name (If your domain name is xyz.com, you can setup emails like email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Remove all plugins we do not require
• Install plugins we require
• Introduction to drag and drop website builder
• Trainer’s demonstration based on website wireframe sketch
• Building, Creating and Customizing a 1-page website (Typically can be completed in 3 hours)
• YOAST SEO Installation
• SEO Basics
• Homework given for image and icon research for tomorrow's class activity for Page 2, 3 and 4
• Creating Page 2: About Us Webpage (this contents can be on homepage too, and we can focus on Page 3 and 4 development)
• Creating Page 3: Products / Services Page
• Creating Page 4: Contact Us Page with Contact Form
• Plugins to Install for SEO Purposes
• SEO Insights and 10 ways to ensure your website gets ranked
• How to update WordPress Plugins
• How to update WordPress Version
The hosting plan we will be guiding all participants to purchase will approximately cost $6/month, and you can choose to terminate within 30 days for full refund. Domain purchased are non-refundable, .com are $20, if you do not want to purchase any domains or hosting, please indicate it to us in when you register.
If you do not have any domain or web hosting, or do not intend to purchase, do not worry, we will create a demo cPanel account for you.
What you'll need to bring to class:
• Laptop & Charger
• Mouse & Mouse Pad
1. Owns a laptop to bring for the course
2. Web-savvy, as WordPress is web-based website building software
(a) Laptop and Charger
(b) Chrome or Firefox Browser (IE is not Recommended)
1. Laptop & Charger
2. Mouse & Mouse Pad (Recommended)
1. For corporate trainings that require The Good Designers to provide laptops, do email us about your requirements: email@example.com
2. For corporate trainings bigger than 12 pax, we may recommend to have the corporate training conducted in an alternative venue, WIS@Changi Road 116 Changi Road, #05-01/15 Singapore 419718.
3. If you are able to provide training venue and computer labs, do share with us your requirements even if you will need The Good Designers to shortern, customize or tweak the course outcomes to suit your corporate's needs. Please email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Charmaine is the Founder and Creative Director of Sky Digital Agency and The Good Designers.
She has been conducting training since 2015, equipping her clients in Facebook Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Search Engine Marketing (SEM). Till date, she has conducted more than 1,000 training hours.
Charmaine makes learning interactive, practical and fun. She enjoys breaking down complex topics to help participants gain better understanding on Facebook Marketing, SEO & SEM, Infographics Design and more!
She strongly believes that the training industry needs more courses and training with smaller group of participants that allows them a more conducive environment to learn, ask questions, and have more 1-to-1 time with the trainer.
Charmaine is passionate about training, and helping others through training. She strongly believes in paying it forward to the community will her knowledge and skill sets. Aside training the public and corporates, she also trains youth-at-risks (in collaboration with MSF) under The Good Designers.
Connect with The Good Designers:
Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Peatix Course Schedules